|AADH is a respected organization responsible for accrediting continuing education courses for dental professionals. These standards have been accepted by various state licensing agencies for satisfying continuing education requirements. There are 48 states and the District of Columbia that require continuing education for re-registration, 30 states require advanced sponsor approval and the remaining request course approval by an agency.* Since 1985, the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. has fulfilled this process.|
|The American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc. (AADH) developed Standards for
Continuing Education. Courses are evaluated relative to content, depth,
accuracy and outcome. This process has been used to approve courses for
continuing education credit and is modeled after the Academy of General
|The AADH reviewed the courses for many professional organizations such as the
International Federation of Dental Hygiene (IFDH) Symposium and the American
Dental Hygienists’ Association Annual Meeting and Center for Lifelong Learning.
In addition, the annual RDH Under One Roof Meeting works with AADH for review
and approval. There are numerous state and regional meetings that also have
their courses evaluated and approved.|
|The process for individuals and agency approval is available.|
|An agreement with the Provider/Sponsors must be completed and reviewed
before approval is granted and they are able to offer courses that the American
Academy of Dental Hygiene has certified.|
- Click HERE to download a copy of our Application for Continuing Education Provider/Sponsor. (Fillable Word document).
- Click HERE to download a copy of our Standards of Quality Continuing Education. (PDF format)
- Click HERE to download a copy of our Sample Letter of Attestation. (Word format).
- Click HERE to download a copy of our Provider Brochure. (PDF format).
- Click HERE to download a copy of our Approved Providers and States Accepting AADH Accredited Continuing Education Credits. (PDF format).
|All paperwork and fees should be submitted 8 -10 weeks prior to the event to
allow enough time for review by the Course Approval Committee.|
If you can not open any of the above PDF files, you will need to download and install a free version of Adobe® Reader®. This software will allow to easily and reliably view, print, and search PDF files using a variety of platforms and devices.|